- How to Sew a Button And Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew
Nowadays, many of us “outsource” basic tasks. Food is instant, ready-made, and processed with unhealthy additives. Dry cleaners press shirts, delivery guys bring pizza, gardeners tend flowers, and, yes, tailors sew on those pesky buttons. But life can be much simpler, sweeter, and richer–and a lot more fun, too! As your grandmother might say, now is not the time to be careless with your money, and it actually pays to learn how to do things yourself!
Practical and empowering, How to Sew a Button collects the treasured wisdom of nanas, bubbies, and grandmas from all across the country–as well as modern-day experts–and shares more than one hundred step-by-step essential tips for cooking, cleaning, gardening, and entertaining, including how to
• polish your image by shining your own shoes
• grow your own vegetables (and stash your bounty for the winter)
• sweeten your day by making your own jam
• use baking soda and vinegar to clean your house without toxic chemicals
• feel beautiful by perfecting your posture
• roll your own piecrust and find a slice of heaven
• fold a fitted sheet to crisp perfection
• waltz without stepping on any toes
Complete with helpful illustrations and brimming with nostalgic charm, How to Sew a Button provides calm and comfort in uncertain times. By doing things yourself, with care and attention, you and your loved ones will feel the pleasing rewards of a job well done.
Canvas Leather Diaper Bag, Twins Diaper Bag, Overnight Travel Diaper Bag, Diapers Drawstring Sac, Changing Mat,
- Dimensions 18.5" length x 9" width x 11.25" height. Materials: Canvas matched with genuine leather
- Outside with 4 zipper pockets. Two side zipper pockets, One front zipper pocket with genuine leather pocket flap, One zipper pocket at the back
- The adjustable shoulder strap comes with padded shoulder pad to give you the best comfort and support
- Accessories included:A good size Changing Mat, Drawstring Sac
- Officially licensed Doctor Who product!
- The Journal of Impossible of Things - as seen in the Doctor Who episode "Human Nature"
- Makes a great gift for any Dr Who fan or Whovian!
- Includes the 10th Doctor's mini sonic screwdriver pen!
- 78 printed pages, 21 blank pages, and a leather-style cover!